Which WN Foods Hot Sauce Is King?
Today our hot sauces are going head-to-head to see which one will emerge victorious. We’ll judge them on the following categories:
- Overall flavor
Let the fight begin!
Our first contender is Sriracha, the delectable Thai hot sauce that has taken the world by storm. How will this old favorite fare in the ring?
- Heat: Sriracha is hot, but not burn-your-face-off hot. This is part of what makes it so approachable.
- Versatility: This sauce isn’t just for pho! You can use it basically any way you use ketchup, too.
- Texture: Smooth, also like ketchup.
- Overall flavor: It’s hard to beat this harmonious blend of spice, citrus, and garlic!
Next up is Gochujang, a spicy Korean sauce giving Sriracha a run for its money. Could this be the next big hot sauce?
- Heat: Trust us when we say that Gochujang is sure to bring the heat! It’s a slow burn, but the spice will gradually spread across your tongue, then suddenly you need a gallon of water.
- Versatility: Though mostly used in Korean recipes, Gochujang can be used in basically all the same ways as Sriracha.
- Texture: This sauce is also smooth, but heavier and richer than Sriracha.
- Overall flavor: Gochujang’s flavor is complex, ancient, and deep. The fermented ingredients create a unique flavor experience that we can’t recommend enough!
Chinese Hot Mustard
Chinese mustard may look gentle, but watch out! Just take one tiny bit and you’ll be sweating. Can this mustard hold up against the other two sauces?
- Heat: This is a sharp, pungent heat. If you’re looking to make a statement with your spice, Chinese Mustard is the perfect ingredient.
- Versatility: Chinese Mustard is most often used with pork or as an egg roll dipping sauce, but adventurous souls can use it in any recipe that calls for mustard. Just be sure to have a glass of water on hand.
- Texture: The texture is thick, but satisfying.
- Overall flavor: Chinese Mustard is mustard kicked up a hundred notches. Spicy, all-powerful, and all-flavorful!
Sriracha, Gochujang, and Chinese Mustard are all strong hot sauce contenders, but which one is the best? We just can’t decide! Which one is your spicy condiment king? Let us know in the comments!
Here at WN Foods, we co-pack high quality sauces, cooked with the finest ingredients. If you would like us to manufacture your sauce recipe, or if you would like our food science team to help you develop your own sauce, please contact us at (510) 487-8877 or firstname.lastname@example.org.